Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What's been happening in 2009

It has been quite a while since I have posted anything. It has been rather busy around here since the first of the year. Between our car problems, doctors appointments and additional children in the house, I hardly have time to sit down and write. Anyway, an update to our schooling is due. I prepared a new schedule for the kids that we started working with at the beginning of the New Year following The Well-trained Mind model. It has been working very well and I am very proud of the work that each of the kids are doing. FJ is such an independent learner and is very good at researching information that is needed for her projects. Her writing abilities have soared this year and she even writes some of her own Poetry. JC is working independently on a lot of his work as well, which is quite a change from last year. He is showing quite a bit of maturity. JP is working very hard with reading, spelling, grammar and math. He loves to get his work done. I am still not using my camera like I should, but will try to remember so that I can post more pictures soon.

No comments: